How can your garden use testing and exercises to improve your disaster readiness?
All organizations should conduct testing and exercises to ensure that their preparedness program is ready in case of an emergency. Testing is essential to ensure employees know what responsibilities they have and to find potential gaps in the plan. It is necessary to determine whether the various parts of the preparedness program will work.
Training workshops, tabletop exercises, and drill can help to:
- Evaluate your preparedness program and its capability to protect your employees, facilities, business operations, and the environment
- Clarify roles and responsibilities
- Test recently changes procedures
- Obtain recommendations for program improvement
- Increase awareness and understanding of hazards
- Identify planning issues
More information on how to develop an exercise program and resources for exercises is available here.