The workshop is different from a webinar as it is intended to be interactive like a class, with dialogue between attendees and presenter. Usually there is pre-reading or pre-material shared and an attendee list / a cap determined. 2+ hours, max 8 hours, virtual workshops require a small fee for attendance and may be sponsored to offset or fully cover costs. Considered a live event, unless components need to be pre-recorded, or video played.
How long is this event?
2+ hours, max 8 hours
Who attends this event? How many people can attend?
Members or non-members may attend. A cap between 25 to 75 ppl is determined based on presenter preference and presentation.
Will the event be available on-demand following the ‘event’?
Please allow 48-72 hours after for recording to become available.
What technology will be used to produce the event?
Zoom Meeting is used in order to facilitate interaction between presenters and attendees. Break-out rooms may be requested.
Interested in presenting a workshop?
- Contact your Community staff liaison with ideas for a webinar 8-12 weeks in advance.
- Speakers should be secured 6-8 weeks from event
- Registration information (including cap requirement and pre-readings) to Association Staff at least 5 weeks in advance
- Registration and marketing of the event will be provided by Association staff
- If live, a test-run can be scheduled within 1 week of event, back-up plans must be made in the event of someone’s connection being lost
- *If pre-recording, must be pre-recorded minimum 2 weeks before event
- Presentation and any support materials should be received at least 24-48 hours prior
- Presenter and Staff should be on Zoom 30 min prior to the workshop start to test audio and visual