This webcast will look at two completed pilot projects that have successfully integrated watershed planning, green infrastructure practices and source water protection into FEMA hazard mitigation plans. Learn about how these communities are sharing the benefits, including:
1) Better results and more efficient planning. If watershed planning is part of the hazard analysis, optimal results for water quality, floodplain management, and hazard risk reduction can be achieved.
2) FEMA and other federal funding may be available to water quality projects that also mitigate hazards.
3) More opportunity for green infrastructure solutions to hazards.
4) Reduced flood insurance rates for communities that adopt stormwater policies that reduce risk, including green infrastructure and watershed planning.
5) Potentially meet requirements for reducing water quality impairments faster by management with other risks.