The “Advanced” version of our activity books is aimed at grades 3-5. Preview the Activity Book here.
This activity book contains:
- A 2-page comic about a southern pine beetle outbreak in the Oconee National Forest, and how the Plant Heroes step in to save the day
- A life cycle maze which introduces the student to the different life stages of the beetle
- An exercise to identify and learn more about host trees
- A fill-in-the-blank worksheet about the symptoms of a beetle attack
- An introduction to population dynamics that asks students to think about hypothetical population scenarios
- A crossword with vocabulary to synthesize what your students have learned
Note: As a general rule, we offer a maximum of 250 copies of activity books and field guides per year per institution. You may mix and match to reach this amount but you must get a minimum of 25 copies of each booklet. If you need more than 250 copies, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.