The “Advanced” version of our activity books is aimed at grades 3-5. Preview the Activity Book here.
This activity book contains:
- A 2-page comic about Aponi’s trip to Hawai’i, and how she stops the spread of the disease and steps in to save the day
- A fill-in-the-blanks worksheet about the many products and ecosystem services the ʻōhiʻa tree provides
- A page explaining the fungal pathogens and symptoms of rapid ʻōhiʻa death
- A fill-in-blanks page about how to slow the spread of the disease
- A page to draw-your-own comic; ask children to problem solve and tell a story about what they would do if they found the disease in their backyard
- A crossword to synthesize the vocabulary and concepts they’ve learned
Note: As a general rule, we offer a maximum of 250 copies of activity books and field guides per year per institution. You may mix and match to reach this amount but you must get a minimum of 25 copies of each booklet. If you need more than 250 copies, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.