Employment TypeJob (Part-time)
The Venue Coordinator is responsible for managing rentals, special events, and weddings. The candidate will work closely with the staff and engage volunteers to assist with planning and assisting with events. The candidate will be expected to interact with the public and provide exceptional customer service.
The Iowa Arboretum & Gardens, located on 160 acres in Madrid, Iowa is home to more than 6,000 accessioned plants. The 40-acre main campus showcases trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, and bulbs in garden and natural landscape settings. An additional 120 acres offer unique woodland and prairie walk experiences. The Arboretum is a resource to the entire state providing educational programs, events, and activities throughout the year.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, design, and produce events
• Manage the venue for weddings and the details associated with using facilities.
• Manage rental business for buildings and grounds
• Interact with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction
• Work with volunteers to organize, staff, and support events
• Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
• Conduct pre- and post–event evaluations and report on outcomes
• Research and identify new event and program opportunities
• Work with the Marketing Specialist to produce advertising for events
Education and Experience
• 2 or 4-year Event Management degree (or related field) or equivalent event management experience
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• MS Office, PowerPoint, Adobe, Excel, and Canva proficiency
• Part-time position – 20 to 25 hours per week (during peak season). Willing to work non-traditional business hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Send a cover letter and resume to Mark Schneider at email@example.com
Iowa Arboretum & Gardens – 1875 Peach Avenue, Madrid, Iowa 50156
April 21, 2024