Stoneleigh Engagement Coordinator
Employment TypeJob (Part-time)
Located in Villanova, PA, Stoneleigh: a natural garden is a 42-acre former private estate that opened as the Philadelphia area’s newest public garden in May of 2018. The Stoneleigh Engagement Coordinator assists with the creation of meaningful opportunities for the community to engage with Stoneleigh and Natural Lands. The Stoneleigh Engagement Coordinator will work with staff to execute public programs, coordinate event rentals, engage volunteers, and connect audiences to our work. The Stoneleigh Engagement Coordinator works under the supervision of and in close collaboration with the Stoneleigh Engagement Manager.
This is a part-time position and the person who fills this role will be expected to work approximately 22.5 hours per week.
Natural Lands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We aim to build a workplace where employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, nearly five million people live within five miles of land under our permanent protection.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate logistics, scheduling, and access for private event rentals in conjunction with preferred caterer and other
vendors. Facilitate events on-site as necessary.
• Assist with the development, coordination, and implementation of public events and programs.
• Support social media management through content creation and scheduling.
• Manage general inquiries regarding private event requests, tour requests, etc.
• Coordinate on-site plant cart, including inventorying, restocking, labeling and pricing, and reporting.
• Provide tours, lead classes and/or workshops, and staff outreach events.
• Assist with coordination of volunteer program.
• Work in partnership with the Natural Lands’ Communications and Engagement Department staff across engagement
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Associate’s degree plus two years of experience in program and event planning.
• Passion for public gardens and connecting people to nature.
• Excellent organizational skills, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
• Exceptional ability to interact with diverse audiences in an engaging, constructive, and genuine manner.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet programs, as well as social media
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple dynamic projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and a good driving record.
• Successfully pass a background check.
• Reach, lift, carry, push, pull for placement and setup of event support items (tables, chairs, signs, displays, etc.).
• Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds and to walk and stand on uneven terrain.
• Position will require a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends, particularly during the fall and
spring event seasons.
Visit our website at https://natlands.org/everything-else/careers/job-openings/ and complete the online application process. Please address all applications to Kelsey Gvozdich, Esq, Human Resources Generalist.