Park Attractions Manager
Employment TypeJob (Full-time)
The Park Attractions Manager manages all aspects of each visitor attraction, including The Play Pavilion, Boathouse Pavilion, Sky Rink Pavilion, and Sports Pavilion. Primarily, the position manages staff and resources to ensure the visitor’s trip is enjoyable while running the attractions at a profit. Additionally, the position will manage the sale and fulfillment of sales for Scissortail Park branded merchandise on-site and online. This is a full-time non-exempt position reporting directly to the Vice President of Programming.
Scissortail Park is a 70-acre innovative new park in downtown Oklahoma City. Opened in 2019, the Park features a variety of engaging experiences for visitors, including ornamental gardens and arboretum, a 3.7-acre lake, walking trails, a children’s playground and nature play area, interactive water fountains, a seasonal roller rink, a dog park, sports courts, a picnic grove, a restaurant, and performance stage and great lawn. Year-round programming ensures the Park is a destination in all seasons. Programs include concerts, a farmer’s market, exercise and sports programs, community and seasonal festivals, boating, fishing and more. It is a Park that welcomes all in our community to enjoy its natural beauty and vibrancy of its cultural, recreational, and educational offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee the day-to-day and special event operations of the Park’s attractions to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Interview, hire, coach, develop, evaluate, and schedule seasonal employees to run the attractions.
• Manage the inventory and sales for each attraction, ensuring daily revenue reports are accurate and complete.
• Analyze weekly sales revenue and recommend innovative programs or incentives to increase profitability for each attraction.
• Manage safety guidelines for boat rentals, sporting equipment, and food service.
• Manage concession items, staffing hours, equipment purchases, and merchandise expenses to ensure each attraction’s profitability.
• Conduct onboarding and regular training opportunities to inform the seasonal staff about policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Seasonal employees who are assigned to the Park’s attractions.
Education and Experience
Education and/or Experience
• A minimum of an associate degree is required. A high school diploma or GED with equivalent work experience may be considered.
• At least five years of experience in food service.
• A minimum of three years of management experience.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
• Entry-level understanding of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
• Experience with a point-of-sale system.
• Experience with standard office equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
• A current Oklahoma Food Handler Card, which must be maintained.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Excellent organizational and project management skills; must meet deadlines.
• Ability to recruit, train, retain, and recognize employees.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills -written and verbal – with internal and external audiences.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to monitor and assess the profitability of the attractions and suggest improvements as needed.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to drive a golf cart.
Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors. Some locations visited while executing job duties may not be wheelchair accessible; some time may be spent outside. Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
The work week schedule varies based on scheduled events and activities within the Park. During peak season, the attractions are open daily from April through October, with operating hours as early as 11:00 a.m. to as late as 9:00 p.m. based on the attraction. During the off-season, the work hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift on occasion.
• Must be able to climb stairs.
• Must be able to walk from the office building to the Park facility.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted only if considered for an initial phone or in-person interview.Application Deadline:
March 29, 2024