Member Services Manager
Employment TypeJob (Full-time)
Development & Membership
The Member Services Manager is responsible for the management of a 9,000+ household membership program at Bok Tower Gardens. Membership is integral to the Gardens with a current revenue of $1.15M in financial support annually. They coordinate acquisition, renewal, and upgrade activities including direct mail and in-person solicitations. The Member Services Manager manages a team of Member Services Associates (MSAs) to provide high quality service to members as they join, renew, and upgrade their memberships and enjoy the Gardens they support. In addition, the Member Services Manager supports membership outreach activities performed by the Visitor Engagement Associate (VEA) team and other Gardens staff through training, messaging, and coaching. Works with the Director of Philanthropy to develop strategy to grow membership and increase retention rates of members.
Bok Tower Gardens is centrally located between Tampa and Orlando among rolling hills of citrus and longleaf pine preserve. Dedicated in 1929, this National Historic Landmark was a gift from Dutch immigrant Edward Bok, a Pulitzer-prize-winning author, and world peace advocate. Nearly 700 acres of historic Olmsted gardens, citrus groves, and conservation lands surround the Art Deco and neo-Gothic pink marble 205-foot Singing Tower with its 60-bell carillon. El Retiro, a 7.5-acre estate with its 20-room Mediterranean-style mansion is located on the grounds. Newly built gardens include a pollinator garden, edible garden and outdoor kitchen, wild garden, and nature play garden. Over 300 musical events are hosted annually. The institution is a member of the Center for Plant Conservation since 1985, dedicated to the conservation of rare plant species in North America. The Gardens’ CPC collection contains over sixty rare plant species. The Gardens manage historic landscapes, agricultural lands, restoration lands, and natural areas, with a prescribed burn management program of the sandhill pinelands since 1987.
Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides customer service to members, prospects, and donors.
* Monitors progress against goal; adjust outreach activities when necessary.
* Analyzes data to track membership and giving trends and evaluate the ROI of efforts.
* Hires, trains, schedules, coaches, and supervises Member Services Associates.
* Implements acquisition strategies for new members, including front-line team training and coaching.
* Ensures appropriate member recognition, data entry, and member benefit fulfillment.
* Delivers stewardship events and experiences including Tower and Garden Tours as needed.
* Manages the production of print pieces, premiums, and other collateral as needed.
* Develops and implements member retention activities including communications and benefit strategies such as the reciprocal admissions program.
* Implements recapture strategies for lapsed members and upgrade campaigns for current members.
* Writes membership and annual fund correspondence including solicitations, articles, reports, and other content.
* Serves as the staff partner for volunteers in the Philanthropy & Membership Department.
* Manages a portfolio of members and annual fund donors, utilize moves management techniques to move them into higher levels of membership and annual fund support.
Education and Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
* Exceptional customer service and/or donor relations skills and ability to project a positive, professional image to the public.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate persuasively and descriptively in a variety of formats.
* Demonstrated ability to resolve issues with grace and diplomacy.
* Ability to build and cultivate a high performing team, inspire others to meet and exceed goals, and support the growth and development of team members.
* Ability to work well independently and creatively within a team environment.
* Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems, seek and provide feedback, and adjust on the fly to achieve goals.
* Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
* Demonstrated public speaking skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft 365 programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
3-5 years related experience in areas of nonprofit, membership, development, sales, or marketing.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Previous experience with donor/member databases preferred.
Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Occasional local travel is required.
Continuous communication with management team, volunteers, sponsors, partners, donors, and other stakeholders.
Prolonged periods of continuous standing, sitting, or walking; occasional stooping, bending, reaching or light lifting.
Please apply online at www.boktowergardens.org, Navigate to the bottom of the home page and click the “EMPLOYMENT” link to begin the application process.Application Deadline:
April 12, 2024