Business Application Manager
Employment TypeJob (Full-time)
Administrative & Finance
Seeking an application manager, experienced in the Gateway Galaxy suite of products to expand the use of the solution. The organization plans to use the Galaxy solution for all event ticketing, membership, education classes, and donation transactions through all sales channels including a webstore, member portal, and onsite point of sale.
This is a highly collaborative position that requires communication with a variety of stakeholders for build configuration, use, support, and troubleshooting of the solution.
Candidates must have prior experience with the Galaxy solutions provided by Gateway Ticketing Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Create and manage tickets, events, and classes in Gateway Galaxy
- Configure membership levels, profiles and details in POS
- Develop intuitive menus in POS for Gatehouse, Security, Admissions, and Front Desk staff
- Generate content for Galaxy Webstore
- Build merchandise for sale and discount programs in Galaxy Retail
- Maintain accounting and compliance standards
- Deploy Galaxy Member Portal
End User Support:
- Onboard and train new users to Galaxy products
- Manage user access and administration
- Investigate new ways to use the Galaxy solution to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Interview stakeholders, gather and document requirements for events
- Map system and business processes
- Build and test configuration solutions
- Troubleshoot user problems and orders
- Act as point of contact for all stakeholder departments
- Develop and deploy reports in Galaxy Reporting Plus, SSRS, and CRM Plus
- Coordinate, test, and schedule all system changes and upgrades
- Provide subject matter expertise for build processes, reporting, application usage, and troubleshooting
Education and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Galaxy system administration training and experience
- Business analyst experience
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
Office setting. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, listening, speaking, and keyboarding. Heavy use of computer/laptop. Infrequent need for lifting, pushing, or pulling items less than 30 pounds.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Chicago Botanic Garden does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its programs or activities, including in employment or admissions. Please call (847) 835-8264 to contact our Title IX coordinator should you have questions or concerns. Please do not call this number to inquire about job postings or the status of your application, or with solicitations from companies or third-party recruiters.